Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One year down, one gazillion and infinity to go


Nate and I celebrated our first anniversary on Sunday the 27th. It has been one great year together as a married couple and I just wanted to make a little list of the the great things I've come to love about Nate even more in this past year.

-He is not disgusted by the frightening loss of my hair: i.e. hair and hairballs everywhere. If you have ever been around me for a few days or lived with me, you know that I cannot be anywhere without leaving a trail of evidence of long black hair everywhere in really gross amounts. Thankfully my sweet husband still isn't annoyed or grossed out by this.
-He lets me sleep with two comforters. Nate prepares my side of the bed with two comforters even if it means he will eventually be hotly smothered in the tangled up mess of comforters that end up on him in the middle of the night. This is a big demonstration of his love for me because he gets super hot really easily and hates waking up sweaty in the middle of the night.
-He does the dishes on all of the right days. It's almost like he magically or intuitively knows when my burned out points have been reached, and he takes the initiative to clean up while i'm not looking.
-He's such a hard worker. I know every job has it's negatives but have you ever been 6'7 having to work on the ceiling of a 5'6 space in a mildewy, humid, 100 degree cat pee basement with your neck cocked to the side for 3 hours only to repeat an extremely tedious process 3 more times in a day for 5 more days? An he's excited to go out and do it again this upcoming year.
-He loves any meal or food I make for him. I am so happy this man loves to eat as much as I do, but I am even luckier that he praises the heck out of every simple to complicated thing I whip up, even like a grilled cheese or something. The amazing thing is that he actually really appreciates it and loves it, he's not just doing it to make me feel good.
-He never makes me feel stupid or weird for enjoying watching basketball as much as he does. He has never made one condescending comment in response to my input on games or players even though I have never played the sport nor fully understand the game.
-He continues to open my car door wherever we go even if it is pouring rain and it is completely illogical. I know we've only been married a year so we'll see if this is still going on in like 20 years, but I still think it's so sweet and so indicative of his personality.
-He has a great desire to make special days into special occasions and an impeccable memory. He knows and remembers all 500 of his family members birthdays, as well as friends and in laws. He loves Christmas and holidays and really making a special day into a memorable one for his loved ones. I love this about him because if it were up to me all these holidays and special occasions could pass me by just like any other day. But thanks to Nate, I really see the value in making memories with loved ones and making them feel special. Also, I have a horrible memory and would be constantly double booking myself if it weren't for him.

I could keep going but these were just a few I had on my mind. I love having Nate by my side every day and I really do thank God that he is such a caring, sincere, loving, selfless, loyal person by nature. He hates to see people suffer and loves to make people happy and I couldn't ask for more in a companion and best friend. Happy Anniversary Nathan Glen.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

how cute are you two?! I'm glad we got to spend the first 1/2 hour of your anniversary with you :)

you guys are great and we just love you!

Congrats!

-Ryno & Shelby

Susan said...

Awww ... what a sweet tribute to your hubby. Happy anniversary, you two!

j said...

Nichell this is so cute and so original. It's not a simple "love you" but "little things that makes me to". So adorable. And I can't believe it's been a year already and you guys are expecting a little one. Time went by fast this year. But anyways, it's good to have you in the family and what else can I say : ) Congrats guys. You both are so cute together !!!!!!

Ryan Smart said...

Please post something soon so my wife doesn't read this post. I thought I was real charming and caring and stuff...looks like I'm not. Erica hates that I don't open the car door--it takes too much time, get out already. I could never work in a cat-pee basement and I don't even have a job! Well one time I did when I did sheetrocking with my uncle...thanks to Tooele I have some blue collar experience. Sometimes I pretend to not smell Camryn's disgusting diaper so I don't have to change her; instead I swallow the vomit-bile in my mouth. I hate diapers. This is a good reminder of how I should be. Good job Nate-men around the world hate you, but we love you.

Edward Quist said...

This is so true! I just love Nate and you too! One more great example in my life of what a great relationship looks like, selfless and sweet always serving each other. Congrats! Can't wait for the update on one gazillion!

Trent & Brooke said...

very cute. i just love you and nate!

Alison said...

yeah yeah nate's nice and all...BUT POST PICTURES OF YOUR BELLY! NOW.

Jenny said...

congrats on the year mark and the growing baby boy in your tummy!

Lezlie Wagner said...

that was a cute one Nich... Congrats on the first year. I heard your anniversary was AMAZING!!

Lezlie Wagner said...

hahahaha... okay, Ryan's comment is the funniest and truest think I have ever read.