Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A few gross WebMD photos

If you didn't know already, I bruise like a banana and I have a freakishly weak right ankle. Ryan please don't die laughing. I have sprained the same ankle repeatedly, (3 times in 2 months) and it continues to just give out on me whenever it feels like it. The other day after I had cooked Nate dinner and was loading it into my car to bring to him at work, I was walking way too fast. I was juggling hot pans and plates and thermoses and there was no joke, a tornado warning/watch going on that night in AZ so the wind and rain were crazy. Tornado? Arizona? Yeah it was real, and it was stupid, and I stepped into a puddled up ditch I hadn't seen and my ankle went a rolling. My big pregnant, heavy, heavy self went tumbling town in the black asphalt of our parking lot so fast and so hard trying to clutch tightly to the dinner I had just spent an hour making. The point of this story is how amazed I am by what a mush ball my body is right now. On any other day had I fallen like this, i would have cried a little and moved on from the pain. But with this new freak belly body, it became an internal injury for the whole next day. I couldn't bend my knee, I couldn't stand up too long, and I had to keep it elevated and iced. It was so embarrassing. Here is the nastiness.




The newest freaky think is the rash on my belly. I have no idea why it appeared. All I know is my belly started itching like crazy, and then this rash appeared, and now it itches as bad as when I had chickenpox. I am a heavy sleeper and this itch is preventing me from sleeping. I'm going to the doctor on Friday. It's kind of hard to see, you have to look at an angle.

6 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

that is so sad my friend. the real question is, was the food saved?

Vagabond Mother said...

I think someone should be making YOU dinner, wish I was there to bring something by. Of course, the way we eat here, you wouldn't be too impressed.

Be careful, Conchella!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh Nishy...sad day. Sorry about your gimp self. I have been in the fetal position with horrible pain all night (of course from the whole preggo body falling apart). I complained that why couldn't our bodies have been a little more perfect so that pregnancy didn't have to be so hard on it and Dave's reply was "so that we appreciate our perfect bodies more when we have them". He should be pregnant for a while. Anyway...that dumb rash didn't go away!?! So are you just going to the ob on fri? Come visit me if when you do.

Laurel said...

Oh, the pictures! I didn't realize the entire extent of your pain until I saw the picture. You needed much more sympathy than I gave! Love you!

Marcus Lane said...

hey this is just like when natalie met you for the 1st time at red iguana. you had hurt your ankle, yet you insited on wearing those huge boots to work and were gimping around......ha!
feel better and we loved seeing you in AZ!!

Nichelle said...

yes jules, dinner was saved:) so glad you were witnesses to my ankle injuries marcus and natalie!