Monday, February 16, 2009

Our first married Valentines Day

That's Nate looking great in his vest I got him for Valentines day. (The gentleman also got me the cutest and perfectly sized skirt from D.I.) I woke up at 7:30am Saturday morning to start working on decorating our extra bedroom into a love shack and to work on the rest of the things I had planned. It took me about 7 hours or more to finish everything but it was definitely worth it. I revamped a used Candyland game into Nate and Nichelle's Luv game and came up with about 60 questions for us to ask each other.

I wrapped up this romantic dinner package, complete with a tablecloth, customized Martinellis, tea lights , glass tumblers, hostess cupcakes, customized matches, and some home made heart shaped brownies in a little valentines box Alison Faulkner helped me out with. It was supposed to be for little apple pies, but I didn't really have time to be rolling out dough for mini apple pies.
This is the romantic dinner package all wrapped up before Nate opened it.
This is me waiting for Nate with our Burger King whopper feast. We love Whoppers. Sadly, we both opted for the double Whopper and huge fries.
We stuffed our faces, played our Luv game, and then headed off to our Stake Valentines dance. It was quite an experience. We took a video and tried to post it but neither one of us could figure out how to do it. I'll just tell you we did the electric slide for the entire duration of the 6 minute song with the ten other people that made it to the dance. Nate wrapped up the night with a reminder to me why I love him so much: His indulgence in his obsession with fireworks.Yes that's him doing his usual flee from the scene. I love him. Hope you had a great weekend.

4 comments:

j said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun on your first Valentines Day together!!! That so nice. And, hey, I do want to watch the video. Please figure something out so we can see the video. A big big hug to both of you : )

Susan said...

Wow - You are so creative, Nichelle. I'm impressed. Glad you guys had a fun 1st Valentine's!

Laurel said...

I'm loving all the RED!
The fireworks thing is genetic or perhaps male.
It looks like a very fun evening.

Marcus Lane said...

you guys are amazing! love the dancing! HA