Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cardinal Weekend

Things have changed... Nate noticed the difference in these two pictures of him and his mission friend Kyle from on the mission and post mission. He asked me what was different about the way he looked and all I said was that his hair is longer now. Kyle just got back from his mission two weeks ago and the bottom picture is from us at his homecoming in Midway. (In Midway, UT. some families have a second warehouse sized building built right next to their home used specifically for family functions like the one we went to. I've never seen anything like it before.) Going to Kyle's homecoming made me sad that I didn't go to Nate's homecoming. At the time I was too worried about smothering him and letting him settle in, but now I'm regretting that decision.









By the looks of Nate standing alone next to the t.v. you wouldn't guess we went to a crowded super bowl party. We planned on going to Brandon's house to watch the game and there ended up being about 25 people in his bedroom. We didn't bring our camera so this is all we have to show for the big game. I made the cardinal shirt for Nate. The intent behind the project was to make a cardinal shirt on a beat up old white T-shirt. All he had was that white polo so we decided it would be best for him to go full-out with the middle-aged business casual and put on his dockers and sperrys without socks. Below is our surprise stop-in from Tara, and below that is us at the temple. Nate thought it would be fine if we propped the camera in the snow. Back at the grind tomorrow morning. Happy Monday.

6 comments:

Cal said...

Nate nailed business casual. Very appropriate.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Love that business casual look. One month in and still such a hit couple!

Vagabond Mother said...

I spent many a weekend night at that temple. I wonder if you could sense my presence.

Nate looks like a clean-kept, happy husband!

Ryan Smart said...

I'm glad you mentioned it was a joke, because I kind of thought Nate was serious and he looked like he could be a coach for the Cardinals...not that there is anything wrong with pleated khakis...except for everything is wrong with pleated khakis.

-- said...

Nichelle it was sooo good to see you the other day and even better that I found your blog!

xoxo

Chase and Nichole said...

Hey you! It's your old pal Nichole! I saw you on Ryan and Erica's blog. Congrats on getting married! I am so happy for you and you are absolutely beautiful! I think the last time I ran into you was when you worked at Macaroni Grill. Anyway just wanted to say hello