Saturday, July 10, 2010

My volleyball champ

There's an annual family festival type thing here called Monsoon Madness that hosts a bunch of muddy events. They have a mud volleyball tournament and Nate got invited to play with the 2 time defending champions. (Nate's gonna be pissed about this, but I like to brag that he was MVP of the volleyball team in High school and was pretty good.) They went undefeated today and won the championship this year-i.e. a cool plaque and a $100 restaurant gift card. They were playing in the mud, which is so hard, and it was so muddy they duct taped their shoes onto their feet. And they played a total of 5 hours in 108 degrees under the Arizona sun. Way to go Nate.





5 comments:

Erica said...

This looks like the most fun activity in the world. You guys should come here and we can hose down our backyard neighbors disgusting non-landscaped yard after 4 years (I'm bitter) and play.

Nate is clearly full of so many natural gifts. Baby oscar is so lucky.

This is Ryan

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I had no idea he won those great prizes...great job Nate...it was way more official then I gave you credit for!

Lezlie said...

MVP!!! Nate, how did I not know this. Well I am glad you are better at Volleyball than cutting meat.\

by the way if you don't get the notification.. I left some comments on your below two posts :)

dana and justin said...

That looks like fun! Nichelle I am most likely going to Kristi's reception so I'll see ya there. Can't wait!

Laurel said...

Just Nate's mom checking in. As long as we are making Nate upset with our bragging; Nate was named MVP of the whole East Valley (several high schools) and was also named to first team All-state. He's the man!

Looks like fun! Congrats!