Tuesday, July 27, 2010

San Diego-Chris & Kristi's wedding




They finally did it. This great couple got married Saturday July 24th and Nate and I were lucky enough to be able to make the trip out to San Diego to see it happen. I got to see the ceremony and cried all of my make up off I had just put on. I loved the things that were said about their potential future and knowing that Kristi picked her perfect match and that Chris would make her happy her whole life. It was such a happy experience and so sweet to see the joy in both their faces that day. Congratulations you little soccer buddies, I'm so happy for you two. Luckily, the marriage of a good friend brings lots of friends together so I got to see the friends I've missed so much and Oscar got to meet many of them for the first time. We got to stay with my grandparents and my family was pretty excited to see Oscar. Thank you for everything grandma and grandpa! Sadly, I didn't get a picture with Lezlie or my family but I did get quite a few of Oscar getting passed around all of his new friends and aunts and uncles.



Aunt Tara and aunt Cayleen




Uncle Max


I finally got to see Anna Tanner after about ten years, one of my favorite ladies in the whole world


My lovely pregnant Alison and cute Katie in a dress finally


Sean and Catie


Nate and Graham (That is the SD temple in the background! It was COMPLETELY covered in scaffolding during the wedding with people working on it. A little bit of a downer.)


The cutest picture we've been able to get of Oscar so far. He did so great in his car seat on the road trip over.


We visited Steph and Ben and tried to prop up Oscar and Ben next to each other. I love this picture because it shows Oscar's permanent poop stain on the back of his onesies above his diaper.


And here are Oscar and Ben. Oscar was not happy about this arrangement.


We finally got to meet Julian! He's the CUTEST little boy! Sorry about getting you while you were on the phone Karyn.


And the cute couple

8 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

So glad you had a good trip. That Oscar is looking good! I love that boy!

Laurel said...

Love the smile in his car seat. So glad that you had a good time.

David and Shalynna said...

Such a fun time! Can I just say that you are gorgeous ( I want your hair) and Oscar is a little gentleman in his vest and tie. He is such a little darling! I'm loving all these photos of him.

You are so cute. I can't believe Oliver's video made you cry! I guess it's because you are a mama now. You should make Nate make one for Baby Oscar (or maybe you can... I'm so bad when it comes to anything to do with photos and video!).

dana and justin said...

Good to see you guys, especially cute little Oscar;) He was a lot smaller than I was expecting haha.

Lezlie said...

oh my gosh that picture of Oscar crying nexted to steph's little guy is so great!! I am glad you got so many pictures at Kristi's ... I missed out!

Lezlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trent & Brooke said...

looks like a great trip! so fun to see everyone together! love that car seat pic of oscar. so happy for kristi- she looks so gorgeous and happy!
p.s. i LOVed seeing your picture with Anna Tanner-really love her and haven't seen her in 10 years- she looks exactly the same:)

Steph Strike said...

How am I just now getting around to catching up on your blog?? I miss you and I love this post! xoxo