Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love Nate. Do you? Show me then

Nate doesn't surprise me with roses or chocolates randomly. He does however melt my heart when he brings me treats from work like these...



Because of these kinds of things he does for me, I really need to help him out in something big and I will need all the help you and friends can throw my way.

Nate LOVES


That's right, he LOVES The Amazing Race. And because he loves it, I love it too, and it is now our favorite show and an exciting part in our week. I had never watched it before Nate, so I can understand if you haven't seen it. But you're gonna wanna watch it as soon as possible, i.e. Sunday nights at 7 pm PST.

Anyway, Nate and his brother Dave have been wanting to apply to be on the show for some time now but haven't been able to make a video of themselves yet for the application. If you know these two brothers, you'd know they would WITHOUT A DOUBT win the 1 million dollars if they could just get picked for the show. (unless they were to get bad luck with sucky cab drivers or something) I, however, willingly admit that I could never make it past one challenge in one episode. I'm not sure if my navigation skills could even get me to the airport to make it to a challenge let alone win one. Nate and Dave though are the ultimate team to be reckoned with and here's why:



-They're both very inteligent AND street smart
-They're quick thinkers and don't panic, but excel in a fast paced bind
-They're AMAZING with direction and knowing where they are and the fastest way to get there
-They have savvy minds and think outside the box
-They're natural athletes and can handle any of the physical challenges
-They have no fears of heights, bugs, speed, weird foods, etc. They're fearless
-They're fast
-They're polite and courteous
-They're respectful and appreciative of other cultures
-They've lived in other countries and are experienced in getting themselves around abroad and using foreign currency (this was a problem last season)
-One speaks Spanish and the other speaks Portuguese
-They're funny
-They're a good physical pair being that they're men and their height differences and different strengths give them a really good leg up on their competition
-They're good dancers

(here they are on our wedding day. dave was not supposed to be holding flowers.)




And there are plenty of other things that I just can't think of right now, but the point of this list is for you to help them out on creating their concept/idea for their 3 minute application video. I need you to brainstorm hard because as Dave said the other day, "You have to already be a celeb these days to be on reality t.v." Which is kind of becoming true, so they need all the help they can get. I think they need a "schtick," you know like "their thing," and all I've been able to come up with is playing up their height difference and that they're Mormon. All the teams on the show kind of have to be given a title. There was a duo of acapella singers, there are two girls that are doctors, there's a father and daughter whose a beauty queen, and then there are the asians. That's what everyone calls them, the asians. I know it's not PC, but it's what happens on the Amazing Race.

(here are the asians)


And "the asians" just so happen to be my absolute favorites. I don't know what i'll do if they get kicked off. They are a father and son team, Michael and Kevin, and I love them so much. I usually have a perma grin when they're on, and they've even made me cry once. I want them to win the million this year.

Anyway, my Nate needs your help. This is something I know he would and could win. He at least deserves to make it on the show and experience the fun challenges and the traveling with his brother. I love this guy and he has got to make it on the show. So please send me your ideas, please please please. We need to catch those producers' attention. If we use your idea and they make the show, we will compensate you in whatever way you see fit.

10 comments:

Ryan Smart said...

Um I LOVE this idea. Get me get thinking. I have really wanted to be on the show and I know that the Mormon thing goes over well, but they really like gay Mormons or people who hate Mormons. Last season they had The Lesbians-whom I hated. I think you need to play up that they are non-gay, normal active Mormons. Call out the truth-it's real controversial right now and it will be good. I know they could win and all I want in return for my creativity is a scooter to ride to work on Fridays or a bag of skittles-I prefer the Crazy Core ones-they are magical.

We need to come up with a little Mormon song they can sing. It needs to involve all the Mormon rumors involving multiple wives, magic underwear, etc. I'll get crackin.

Brenda said...

I have no idea but I do not apologize because I gave birth to Ryan who has enough creativity for the whole family. I too LOVE the "Asians"

Nichelle Jensen said...

Ryan, I love that idea, except for the magical underwear. not down with that. you start thinking of song lyrics and we will too. i'm already trying to come up with some awesome stuff for the song. Lovin this idea! thanks!

Unknown said...

From the picture I guess we could go with the fat and tall mormon brothers? Those flowers must add a few pounds!? Nichelle, thanks for the motivation, we really need to at least give it a shot....can't win if you don't play......same reason I'll buy a powerball ticket when it's over $100,000,000 - but I'm sure the odds are actually better with the race!

Nichelle said...

ok so we're going to try and run with ryan's idea of a song involving mormon rumors and/or stereotypes. so give me all the stereotypes and rumors you've got!

Shelby said...

Ryan and I have our creative juices flowing for you guys! :) love this!

--Shelb

c said...

I think the producers love conflict or the potential of it. Like one is really competitive and the other is not OR they used to not get along and now they are trying or one of them stole the other's girlfriend and now they are going on AR to "heal." Any drama is good: age gap, loss, heartache, obstacle overcome, etc. i.e. birth mother/daughter and a lot of the parent/child, sibling combos. I say we drudge up some old jealousies and/or conflict and hash it out. They'd totally get on! Plus I love finding cool people that I like and relate to and THEN finding out their Mormon. It's like stealth missionary work:)

Nichelle said...

great ideas chelsea! gonna use them, and probably even make stuff up. there is no drama so we've got to create some. such a great idea

Laurel said...

I think there is plenty of drama in being married to best friends and all!

Or I could dig up some pictures of how David used to "walk" baby Nathan to stop his cryin' and now Nate is twice as big as Dave.

Please, just don't create any drama that involves how they were parented!

Alison said...

YEAH, i think the "Brothers who married best friends" angle works too. People really hate the Mormons right now, I mean, not everyone. But I don't think we're as lovable as we once were to Hollywood...so it's hard to say! They are both also young dads. That could be fun. The Daddies. I think if you just show pictures of Oscar, Ruby Sadie and Mabel, well then you're pretty much set. Oh and Nate dancing. We could create world peace with Nate's body roll.