Sunday, October 31, 2010

this is halloween

I wanted to go with the garden theme but Nate couldn't decide what he wanted to be until saturday morning so I had no time to make him a costume. He is a rushed version of a giant rake, Oscar is a garden gnome, and I am a sunflower. I made all of our costumes. Oscar hated his hat of course and kept eating his cotton ball beard. We didn't do much since Oscar started to unravel at 6pm and was in bed by 7, but it was fun to get in the spirit.











This is my spider web cake for my domingo delicioso entry. I baked it for our church halloween carnival. I didn't come up with the idea. I just copied a spider web cookie recipe.

4 comments:

j said...

Oh Nichelle you guys look super 10!! That the way I would say in portuguese. Loved it!!

Laurel said...

I need that gnome for my garden. You are so creative!

Ryan Smart said...

You are the second friend I have that dressed their child up like a garden gnome. So random and yet so awesome. The spider web cake looked awesome, but would look better in my mouth. The fact that Nate was a giant rake is awesome. At first glance I thought he was a Menorah, either one would have been good-but the rake is less offensive.

Lezlie said...

these are better that I imagined.