Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This precious little girl on the very left just turned 25 yesterday.

Yesterday was Tara's 25th birthday and lots of friends ventured out to the classic skating rink in Salt Lake City to celebrate one of her favorite past times. I cannot believe it has been about 11 years since I met Tara. When I first met her she had a cute little bob of a haircut ( not really a bob, she just has lots of hair) and some cute little orthodontic apparel on her upper canines. Her and Sally were the first to have AOL and Tara had a before her time and advance affinity for Michael Jackson. Tara today is still a short haired beautiful sweet 25 year old with really straight teeth. She is one of the 4 people that wrote to me on my mission even being at the peak of her social life at BYU Hawaii. Tara is one of a kind and is secretive about the fact that she is one of the most caring friends you'll ever have. Tara is a really talented designer who one day will hopefully let us all see how gifted she is. I'm so grateful I have had these Shields girls around for so many life altering events in all of our lives. Thanks for being such a great friend and sister T, I love you. Nate loves you too.


Tara's cute new haircut
Tara's birthday get-up

Lezlie being taught how to skate backwards by a Hollywood Connection regular
Lez really won over these kids and many others when she passed out birthday cake to themCutting the tasty roller skating girl cake that Lez had custom made for the party



In other news.. Nate and I celebrated our first month of marriage yesterday. I woke up to a cardigan I had been eyeing as his first anniversary present to me. I'm wearing it in all the skating pictures. Nate is the best at paying attention to everything I have ever said and surprising me- I am really good at ruining surprises. One month down, lots more to go.

4 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Kate and Amy have to be the most comical. Looks like a blast! I am sad I wasn't there. Hope it was a happy day! Loves...

Laurel said...

Happy birthday Tara and I like your new do. It looks like a very fun party.

Glen and I really enjoyed the picture of the young Shields. So cute!

Marcus Lane said...

looks like we really missed out! all i could sent was a text......

Christy/Mom said...

Wow, my kids pics turn up everywhere! Thanks for all the fun photos of the birthday and Tara's big day and hair. You guys are the best friends--thanks for taking care of my girl on her big day! Love you all====