Thursday, October 1, 2009

i feel nauseous

No morning sickness here, but I have a very sensitive tummy. Things are starting to make me gag. Don't worry though, two bowls of top ramen seem to cure a case of nausea. Mmm, sodium....

On a more serious note...
This book really impacted my way of thinking.



I was thankful for two things:
1. That someone recommended this book to me; I otherwise don't read books.
2. That it was really short. I have a really hard time finishing a book more than 200 pages. ( Except for when I read a 500 page biography on Che Guevara when I was 18 and trying to be part of this really awesome hardcore scene. Heard of Bane? Vomit, thinking about that phase I went through.)

I really liked the new perspective I came away with. I guess that is the point of a book, but this one was really unexpected. I had lots of preconceived ideas of how this book would approach the subject matter, but I was pleasantly surprised. It might not be for everyone though. I feel like some people might shy away from this kind of stuff. Maybe it's just the Mexican in me that draws me to tales of spiritual visions and dreams. Forget I said that, and read this: http://deseretbook.com/item/4199802/The_Message

5 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

top ramen does it for me too! i dont read, but i'll take your word for it. looks good.

River Trout said...

where did that bane sweatshirt go?????? it must be in storage because i would never give such a precious treasure away. i need to find it and start wearing it again.

River Trout said...

also, i'm pretty sure that was my favorite phase you went through.

River Trout said...

i wish i could have been at your quinceaƱera

Tiffany + Jared said...

Oh my gosh!! niche!! I love that you read this book. I read it over the summer, and it changed my life. heaven sounds sooooo nice, to the point where...days i was like. being dead sounds so much nicer. (not in a creepy suicidal way). but i was rantin and ravin. and i'm glad i'm not alone in this. story is good, writer is stiff.

i'm sorry i had so much to say about this.