Friday, May 14, 2010

The final countdown



I thought this great song and video was pretty appropriate, I only wish my final countdown was as fun and motivating as this video. My due date is only a week and two days away and things have gotten really hard for me on the home stretch.
I really haven't had a hard time with pregnancy until now, but there seems to have been an explosion of hurdles for me all at once. Mentally and physically, the baby inside has all of a sudden become extremely taxing. In the past week my feet and ankles have started to swell to resemble elephantitis, I've broken out with about 50 huge stretch marks all around my belly button, my ribs feel like they are slowly being broken one by one by a 10 lb baby, I cannot sleep on one side for more than 30 min without my hips awaking me in pain and begging me to switch sides, I have lost any remaining normal range of movement, and I have begun to cry about everything.
I know I shouldn't be so vain as to care so much about the stretch marks, but after laying on my back and feeling what they would feel like if the baby wasn't there, I was really grossed out and very sad. The last 8 1/2 months seem like a breeze compared to how badly I want this guy to be out of me now. So if you have any extra prayers you could spare, I would really like him out of me today. Thanks!

6 comments:

Cal said...

The end is soo hard. Now you probably know why during a hard labor, a c-section actually sounds appealing :) "Just get it outta here!" I seem to remember thinking, feelings and saying, on more than one occasion. My prayers and heart go out to you. It will all be over soon :)

birds do it better... said...

you can do it nichele! you look beautiful! stretch marks smesh marks! its going to be so worth it! one more week! you are amazing! (wish i could cheer you on in person)

karyn said...

you are almost there! i can't wait to see this darling little boy of yours. the end is hard... but it makes giving birth to a huge baby somewhat appealing. good luck... i'll be checking the blog for updates!

Brenda said...

A few stretch marks around your belly, no big deal. My hips look like a road map.Just call them "mother's service stripes" and it makes you feel much better. And, I hate to tell you, wait till you see what happens to the rest of your body over the years! Thought I'd be real and tell it like it is :) As a side note: I'd take a body full of stretch marks if I had your heart and personality. This little guy is lucky to get the best mommy ever!
LOVE

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm sorry Nichelle, reminds me of being pregnant with Raymond at the end. We are so excited for that baby though!!!!

Kirby said...

You can do it Nichelle!! He will be so worth it! :) I live so close...what can I do? Ice cream? Foot rub? Ear to vent to? Seriously, call me! 858-231-1494.-Kirby (you came to my house for the bbq)