Thursday, December 2, 2010

the many faces of oscar




I can't ever seem to document this little boy's life enough since he changes daily. Sorry for the picture overload but it needs to be done. These first few pictures are of him in his little walker thing. He of course thinks it is for bouncing. He'll bounce the heck out of it even though it has no springs or any way he can get the jumping satisfaction he gets in his other toys




His shirts are always permanently wet like this from the uncontrollable amount of drool he produces. I used to try to put a bib on him all the time but I got over that quickly. It doesn't usually make him cold cause his body temperature is always sooo warm.






My grandparents came to visit us Thanksgiving weekend. Oscar loved them a lot. He's in my favorite outfit here: his bed time crayon fleece zip-up sleeping sack. It's the coolest thing for babies. It's like a snuggie for babies except there is an enclosed sack type of bottom to make sure their legs and feet stay nice and toasty inside. This crazy guy throws all his blankets off at night so we needed to find something like this. Every time I put it on him we can't stop calling him the little crayon.



We had our first family Thanksgiving at Nate's parents' this year. Everything was so yummy. This is one of our few family shots.


Stole this one from Nate's mom. Brother's and their babies. That's Mabel, Oscar's cousin only 2 months younger than him.



Oscar on Thanksgiving going to town on the sweet potatoes from my plate. He loved them. He wasn't a fan of the mashed potatoes though. He has officially eaten his first Thanksgiving dinner.





Oscar doing what he does best, laughing like crazy. I'm pretty sure he got his giggles from me. He thinks almost anything you do is HILARIOUS. It's pretty great, we love that about him. I was trying to get him laughing hard like this so I could get a picture of his two teeth that came in a few days ago.


Can you see the two bottom teeth right next to each other? That's the best picture I could get. He's been pretty uncomfortable because of them, but they look so cute.


This is his adorable little head of hair. He looks so darling. I thought he was cute when he was bald, and I didn't even really realize how bald he was until he got all this gorgeous hair. We love it. He has a cowlick on the top back of his head just like Nate does. It swirls around right there and makes his hair stand up straight in the back. He really couldn't get any better. Thank you Brenda & David for the high chair he's sitting in! We love it and it's been soooo nice having it since he started eating.

5 comments:

j said...

Keep loading pictures cause I love them. Can he get any cuter than that? I'm gonna eat him all up nxt week. Can't wait to see that little big guy.

Ryan Smart said...

His plaid shirt is rad. I can't believe he drools that much. He's just such a solid baby-I can't get over it. I'm so used to my child and her tiny body. When you coming in town again so we can see you?

karyn said...

nichelle! he is sooo adorable! he is looking so grown up. coming to utah any time soon??

Julie and Kyle said...

i was scrolling through the pics and gavin said "who's baby is that?... oh yeah, nichelle and nate."

hilarious that he totally knows your baby. oscar is a bucket of yum.

Jaimie D said...

AH i cannot get over how cute he is. I just want to squeeze his fat cheeks all day long!!! p.s. i LOVE my title in your side bar :)