Tuesday, February 8, 2011

my man and his little clone

Some days I look at Oscar and I see some of myself in him. But most days I just look at him and see Nate. I see Nate as an adult and Nate as a child. Oscar's expressions, his dramatic eyebrows that already have their own reoccurring formations, are 3 parts Nate and no parts me. He is the the cutest most handsome little baby, and I couldn't be happier that he resembles his handsome daddy so much. Nate and I were going through his baby pictures and my breath was really taken away being reminded of how much Nate there is in Oscar. I love it. They have similar expressions and mannerisms, and of course their bodies are of very notable size. The only big difference I see in them is that Oscar is a lot chunkier than long and lean Nate.


That's Nate in the middle with the blue overalls when he was Oscar's age.



Oscar on Christmas morning


Nate




Oscar





Nate




Oscar





Nate




Oscar




Oscar's new favorite past time: Putting the little knob on the end of the blinds drawstring in his mouth. He closes his mouth around it and stands on the couch while bouncing for joy.

Then he looks at you to make sure you see how proud of himself he is.

6 comments:

Erica said...

So true! Although maybe his nose is a little different. But you would never think that now but those baby pictures are identical. You don't even have to state which one he is!

Vagabond Mother said...

Don't tell Nathan, but I think Oscar is an even cuter baby. SHHHHHH.

David and Shalynna said...

They DO look so much alike! I think the only difference is Oscar's hair and skin color (which he was lucky enough to get from you- you have perfect skin!). What darling pictures.

I can't believe how much Oscar has grown. Not just in size, but in personality. What a fun baby!

dana and justin said...

they do look a lot alike but i see you in there too. they aren't exact replicas;) sebastian also likes to suck on the thing on the end of the blind strings. haha funny babies.

Laurel said...

I think Oscar is the perfect mix of both of you! Just perfect!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I love it...the brown in him is def you, but his expressions and stuff are seriously exactly like Nate...it's awesome! When I look at the pics of Nate I feel like I am getting a little taste of Nate as a kid when I am with Oscie. Love it!