Saturday, April 9, 2011

welcome to my life

so far the best thing about us going to brazil (cause we haven't arrived yet) has been these two conversations that happened separately to Nate and I with people from church:

1) Nate- "Yeah we'll be leaving for Brazil in about a month."

Gentleman that does Boys scouts with Nate- "Oh, so is that where your wife is from then?"


2) Me-"We'll be leaving for Brazil in about a month."

Lady that plays piano-"Oh so is that where you're from then?"



Is my accent that noticeable?

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Just pretend that you are Ryan and Emilia :)

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

NO way...amazing...

Erica said...

Is it bad that it says a lot about your ward? I like that they don't ask, "awesome, so why Brazil?" or "Is that where you served your mission?" No no they just assume that the beautiful nationally ambiguous woman that he married is from one of these countries. And have they ever seen a 6'6" white brazilian before...not that they don't exist. I think today at fast and testimony meeting you should slip in that you are AMERICAN with a mexican heritage.

lobunker said...

How about, "No but I wish I were or that she was"--its a lovely country to be from.

dana and justin said...

they must think that because brazilian women are hot!

c said...

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!

Lezlie said...

hahahha... so so good.

Julie and Kyle said...

These people are idiots. You obviously look Asaian.