Saturday, April 2, 2011

reality check

Our time has finally come! Nate and I have been missing our loved ones in Brazil and in Argentina for years. We both had very similar experiences with certain people who we felt were probably our best friends before this life. It's hard to explain to other people how much our hearts ache to see these loved ones of ours and we're happy to announce we will be leaving to see them all on May 16th!

Our plan: Rio de Janeiro to Iguazu to Buenos Aires. Plus add the cities of Rosario and Porto Alegre, which aren't on the map.


Aside from being able to hug everyone, we're most excited for a serious spiritual reality check that I think we are both in need of. Our lives have become so busy and Nate has been stretched so thin for quite some time that it's taken a toll on our gratitude, positivity, and on our commitments to keeping our lamps full. I think we're both looking forward most to the spiritual rejuvenation we'll feel being able to spend time with some of the biggest inspirations in our lives. Nate and I have already talked to some of our loved ones down there about our plans, and we remember so clearly now how some of them really have been sent to us as our angels in life to help us out along this long path. It's easy to lose perspective sometimes, and these Brazilian and Argentine friends/giants among men, really help us to check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.



So we'll be on our way in less than 6 weeks and we've got a lot to do. We'll be gone for 3 weeks and Oscar will be coming with us. Bringing him will be an adventure in itself, but it will be worth it to be able to show off our little pride and joy with everyone who's dying to see him and kiss him to death. This has been a huge decision, and a very emotional one at that. There is no reason financially we should be going on this trip right now, it's been a very risky decision, bordering on completely irresponsible. But we know we have to do it now for so many reasons, and when push came to shove, emotion triumphed over sensibility. Sound like the recipe for financial ruin? We've got good intentions though! Ha, we all know where the road paved with good intentions leads to.

Nate being sung to on his birthday right before he finished his mission.

4 comments:

birds do it better... said...

This is so amazing. You two are going to have such a great time. Bring back lots of pictures, I've always have been curious of that area. I hope you get to see everyone you're looking for!

Brenda said...

I love how you follow your heart and spirit. Have a wonderful time!

Jaimie D said...

This is awesome, Brandon and I were just talking about how we need to set up a special traveling fund...so important to do it while you can! Everyone is going to love Oscar!! Take tons of pictures!

David and Shalynna said...

Nichelle, this is so wonderful! What a wonderful experience for your little family. Those South Americans are going to eat Oscar up. They will love him. I LOVE him. I can't stop thinking about his passport picture. What a cutie.

You are such a great example to me. This post alone reminded me that I need to focus on my spirituality too. Whenever I go back and read my journal I always feel like I was more spiritual before. Thanks for the reminder. Have fun! I am VERY jealous. I've been planning dream international trips every Wednesday (every time Travel Zoo's Top 20 comes out) for a while now. Can't wait to see your photos!