Thursday, July 9, 2009

Who put the crack in Doritos?




My name is Nichelle, and I'm a Doritos addict.

Does Fritolay design that famous Nacho Cheese bag with so much pizzazz so that you'll be distracted from the nutritional information because of the addictive substances in the ingredients? And, it's not just Nacho Cheese flavor, I think there is some kind of drug in those "Collisions" too. Has anyone tried the Taco/Zesty Ranch Collision? If you haven't tried them, stay away.




But truly, I'm confused at my recent Doritos addiction. I never had Doritos in my house growing up or anything snacky like that. I never bought them at the store in my single grocery shopping days, nor did I ever even make the Doritos impulse buy at 7-11 at 1 am. It just never was a choice I made. But ever since Nate decided he needed Doritos in the house to go with his cold cut sandwiches, we have been 4 and 0 on our Doritos purchases on grocery store trips. Now I anticipate buying more Collissions at our next trip, and a bag of Nacho Cheese is becoming standard. This isn't entirely Nate's fault though. I am downing those things as fast as he is. Which is why I am a little nervous. Are we going to become one of those U.S. statistic families whose obesity started out with small choices like Doritos purchases?



Probably not gonna happen. I only need a handful of chips a day with some coke zero as a side kick. I'm pretty ok with that; as long as my theory that Fritolay is injecting crack in Doritos is false.

1 comment:

Cal said...

I love you Doritos Family.