Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cardio jams

Alison commented on one of the climbing drill songs we listened to while cycling and said it was really great for climbing. This made me want to share all of my cycling and running mix favorites and standards. Usually I am very sick of my running or cycling mixes after a week, but these songs below have really held their own for a long time now and are some really great staples:

DANCEY STUFF:

Humanitarianism- The Twelves remix/Zeitgeist
I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You-The Twelves remix/Alan Parson's Project
Hurricane Jane-The Twelves remix/Black Kids...these first 3 are great for cycling speed or just a long paced endurance drill
Fancy Footwork- Chromeo oh anything really
Harder Better Faster Stronger Alive remix- Daft Punk...it HAS to be the Alive remix, and this is perfect for doing ANYTHING

ROCKISH:

Tampled Under Foot- Led Zeppelin.. just a great long run or an endurance bike ride and you will like it even if you think you don't like Led Zeppelin
Retreat- The Rakes...speeding around town
Miss You- The Rolling Stones...climbing a rough one
This Charming Man- The Smiths...speed speed speed and it says bicycle!
I Turn My Camera On- Spoon... CLIMBING, i love these bassey ones for climbing
Train In Vain- The Clash... long time endurance or climbing

NEW WAVEY:

Blue Monday (Razormaid Remix)- New Order...the remix gives it a faster beat but it's the same song really. Once again great for ANYTHING: speed, climbing, or a long run
Ice Cream- New Young Pony Club...great climbing tune
Banquet (Dance Remix)-Bloc Party...How does this song not make me sick from hearing it so much? will work for anything

HIP HOPPY:

Award Tour- A Tribe Called Quest.. long rides
Vivrant Thing- Qtip.... this one just has a faster beat than the Tribe songs and is great for speed
Everyday People- Arrested Development....great for a climbing drill
Bombs over Bagdad- Outkast....fastest song you will ever hear, perfect for the end of a run
She Rockin That Thing Like- The Dream...climb
My Goodies-Ciara climb
Calle Ocho (1,2,3,4) - Pitbull... Long rides, endurance
Fire Burning On The Dance Floor-Sean Kingston...ANYTHING


These are all the ones that have endured my listening over and over again and still hold my excitement. I hope you can share in my cardio excitement while listening to them.

My newest workout is one ENTIRE album: Manners by Passion Pit. I LOVE it!!! get it get it get it if you want a fun workout.



My favorite move your body songs on it so far are:
Sleepyhead- this was the one Alison liked for climbing
Eyes as Candles
The Reeling
Swimming in The Flood
Folds in Your Hands


But really, the WHOLE album is wonderful for any workout. Who can even listen to a new album in it's entirety album these days?

Won't you share your favorites with me??

4 comments:

Laurel said...

I feel really old because I only recognized Led Zeplin and the Rolling Stones AND when I swim laps I only want to listen to the birds :)

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm going to download some of this, maybe the last album, because I'm so tired of my music too. Thanks for sharing it all, I'm not very good at finding new music except a song or two off of pandora.

Cal said...

I wanna work out with you! I like Younglove's Discotech and Find a New Way to Dance and Animal Collective's Daily Routine and My Girls right now. Of course there are all those R&B jams. Those are some of my current faves, although I really should be working out more, I'm having a hard time getting going right now :) PS, thanks for sharing. I love your playlist!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I'm very excited about this...I majorly need some new workout music...