Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My first sewing project with a pattern

These little baby Kimonos are officially the first things I've ever sewn with a pattern. My friend Stephani was having a baby boy so I got an early start knowing it these would take me forever. Luckily Alison, my sewing coach and motivator, was there to force me to finish them before we left Philly. I was so frustrated by such a difficult time I was having that I wanted to put them off for "later." Good thing I had a friend to buckle me down to finish them early because the little baby boy was born over a month earlier than expected. Congratulations on getting here so early little Benjamin!



4 comments:

Susan said...

Cute, Nichelle! Love the gingham.

Steph Strike said...

I LOVE THEM NICH!!! I can't wait til baby Ben can fit in them!! I love that his auntie Nich made his first handmade pieces of clothing. I am too much of a slacker these days for sewing... LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!

Lezlie Wagner said...

so cute steph!

Lezlie Wagner said...

okay, so I am sorry about that last comment. I was watching the new season of 90210 when I wrote that... what I meant was, "So Cute Nichelle, you are so talented and I love you. Also, the pinnicle pictures are so great!"