Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We moved back to the West

But first we went to DC on the hottest humid east coast day of August..












I was uncomfortably hot



And before we left we took some Pinnacle family portraits...






We went through Nauvoo, Illinois...



Thanks Andrea!



It was raining..











The Mississippi River in the background..



We towed this 1972 Shasta camper trailer full of our belongings all the way from Philly to Utah, then from Utah to Arizona.




I made Nate stop on the shoulder so I could pick some flowers. I did not realize I was also wearing bell bottom jeans and a tie-dyed t-shirt.



We also slept in our camper trailer on two nights of our cross country trip. One of the nights we just parked it in front of Kohl's department store as seen below. One night we got to stay in the lap of luxury in a real home. Nate's aunt Lynette treated us to a hospitable night's stay and some of her famous treats-hedgehogs. Thanks Lynette!



Parking the trailer at Kohl's left us a stone's throw away from a Jack in the Box which meant easy access to a public restroom when we woke up the next morning. (See Jack in the Box in background below.)



We are now moved into our new apartment in Mesa, AZ and we are ecstatic to be back in the Western United States. Nate is going to school and I'm on the job hunt. We just got back from a relaxing and wonderful trip to San Diego this weekend also. We weren't so good at taking pictures there though, we only took one. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

welcome back! well kind of back.
we are for sure visiting next time we are in AZ, probably this winter!

Alison said...

amazing pictures!!!

Trent & Brooke said...

Nichelle- I feel like we had such similar summers! I love the cross-country trip and the Shasta camper!

Laurel said...

SOOOOoooooo..... good to have you back in hugging distance!

Edward Quist said...

Nate, you make me laugh so much I can't even explain! Great pictures too. I am so glad to know you have a glob!