Sunday, September 5, 2010

domingo delicioso - dulce de leche

Has anyone seen any pictures of my carb face from my mission?

(definitely need to blow these pictures up)







Totally cute right? Well, this is why...



Dulce de leche-the most non-nutritional food invented, and the most delicious thing my tongue has tasted. I ate it day and night, night and day. Food was my only worldly pleasure on my mission, so I REALLY indulged when I felt like I needed a reward for my work. (which was daily) It's mostly a South and Central American thing, but since we live in the most abundant country in the world, you can find it here in the U.S. at most grocery stores in a squeezable bottle. I however, didn't know such a portion limiting container when I was introduced to the stuff. It came in plastic containers resembling a family size yogurt, which meant I could get spoonfuls out a lot quicker than the squeeze bottle shown above. I'd spoon this stuff onto warm fresh baked bread from the panaderia, bananas, apples, cakes, cookies, ice cream, my finger, anything really. And, I'm still spooning it onto those same things now. ( squeezing, not spooning acutually) There's no taste like it. Buy yourself some if you are owed a treat and then squeeze it all over everything.

1 comment:

Ryan Smart said...

There are few things in life as magical as dulce de leche.