Sunday, September 12, 2010

domingo delicioso - fail

I wanted to make Sadie some rose cake pops for her birthday since I knew she wanted a rose birthday party. Not sure what she had in mind, but I think she just knew she liked roses. I thought these things would be no big deal. I decided to follow the regular cake pop recipe and then use the flower cookie cutters to get some kind of a flower shape that I could somehow make to look like a rose. They started out nice and easy just like the directions made them seem. I molded them into flowers...



And then I started melting the candy melts that you coat with, and it was a disaster from there on. The candy melts melted so weird, actually they didn't really ever melt. They just turned into paste. So when I started trying to cover the cake in them all I got was crumbles covered in what looked like dried up playdo.


So here are the dried up playdo balls. AND I bought some tiny little girl vases to put the flower cake pops in, and they never made it home from Wal-Mart. Big time failure today. I'll probably just be eating the unfrosted cake flowers for days.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

The cake flowers were still cute and must have tasted good 'cause they were disappearing!

Lezlie said...

what in the world?! Yes... definitely the wrong consistency. hm.... we'll work on this together.