Saturday, September 18, 2010

our boy is rolling over

Oscar sleeps on his tummy with a pacifier and usually before he falls asleep I have to put his pacifier back into his mouth a couple times. So when I walked back to his crib for a usual pacifier re-do, it was the best thing to find him on his back staring up and smiling at me. He had rolled over onto his back and was probably pretty proud of himself. I put him back on his tummy, gave him his pacifier again and walked out. A couple minutes later I hear him cooing so I go back in there to see what he was doing, and he was on his back AGAIN smiling at me. I started laughing so he laughed a little too. Days like these are pretty awesome and make it fun to be a mom. Oscar also is 4 months old today so I was really just enjoying the heck out of him all day as I thought about how happy he is and how much he laughs and giggles and loves to be tickled.

On a side note...
People are always asking me if Oscar's a good baby, and before I can say yes, they ask me if he's sleeping through the night. So it's kind of like two questions in a row that are supposed to be one in the same. When I answer, "No he's not sleeping through the night he still wakes up to eat," I usually get a disappointed look. This has bothered me and I've been feeling guilty, like I'm a failure because Oscar's not sleeping through the night. Yes, I'm running back and forth to give him a pacifier when he falls asleep. No, I don't let him "cry it out" in the middle of the night when he's hungry. So it probably is a failure on my part that he doesn't sleep through the night.

But, today I don't care anymore. I'm ok with being a failure because I have a happy happy baby who is so sweet and social. I sure miss sleeping through the night, and I'm sure it's something Oscar would love to experience. But I'm not gonna feel guilty or feel like a failure over it because Nate and I still get to wake up to this happy face.....





5 comments:

Mesia said...

love those chubby cheeks! he is so adorable! congrats on the roll-over...it is so fun watching them grow!

Lezlie said...

hahahha... oh my gosh! Tose pictures are amazing. The last one make me laugh for a couple mins.

dana and justin said...

sebastian is now 8 and a half months and still wakes up at least twice during the night. i feed him and put him back to sleep. oh and i also rock him to sleep for every nap and at night. he is happy and i handle it alright. screw everyone! oscar is a doll:)

j said...

That's my nephew. I miss him. He is so cute!!! Just like his auntie Emilia lolololo But seriously Nichelle, I love those pictures. he is so so so cute! Big boy. Can't believe he is getting old so fast.But good thing is, you guys seem to enjoy every minute.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

He's rolling! That's so amazing! I need to see him. What are you doing this week?