Tuesday, March 1, 2011

spring cleaning

Cleaning isn't that fun but somebody's gotta do it. After a great conversation about cleaning with Alison, I've decided to list my inspirations for keeping clean and tidy belongings so I can get motivated.

1. An ex-bf of mine from the deep south used to say, " My momma always said, 'You can be ugly and you can be poor, but you can always be clean."


2. "Be grateful, be smart, be clean, be true, be humble, be prayerful." Gordon B. Hinkley

3. My memories of mornings in Argentina. Every morning when we'd start walking the streets, EVERYONE had their front doors open and was sweeping and mopping the inside of their homes and the sidewalk in front of their homes. People played their music and had their mate steaming while they went about their daily routine of getting the house in order. We'd definitely consider these homes to be very humble, and some people had dirt floors or dirt front walkways. But they swept and wet them in attempt to keep what they had looking nice.

4. diana ross songs, specifically "I'm Coming Out"



5. My grandma. She has some obscure cleaning project going on every day when I call and ask her what she's doing. "Oh nothing, just wood polishing all my kitchen cabinets and oxi-cleaning the cabinet handles."


What are yours? I need some more so I can get started on my chores.

4 comments:

Ryan Smart said...

you can borrow Camryn. She always says, "My cleaning." We took her and her cousins to play at the McDonalds Play Palce. The cousins were running and jumping and Camryn asked for a wipe and proceeded to clean the stairs, slide and tunnel. She thought it was the best thing ever. My wife is the cleanest person I know and the secret is...pick up after you're done and it never gets messy. There is always time. I love clean house it equals a happy spouse.

Brenda said...

Call David. He is the most organized, clean person I know. I like to play instead.

Ryan Smart said...

Side note-I don't know how I missed that Ukraine Temple post. Best thing I've seen in a long time. I think I forget often times that there really are memebers all over the world-very attractive ones too I might add. It always bothers me that I don't find the same miracles that they do; it's the one problem of growing up in the Western Unites states. We take too much for granted. You have one of my favorite conversion stories of all time and that's why you had the success you did on your mission my little sister.

Julie and Kyle said...

My advise is, when you are cleaning out your drawers, only keep things that are necessary. and only have 1 of everything. not 5. Im a firm believer in quality. Like kitchen gadgets... I own 1 of everything. And everything has its place.

As for everyday things... clean up as you go. Kyle always tells the kids to make it look like you were never there. haha.

I could go on all day about this subject. It just depends on how anal you want to be. And I'm afraid to admit how anal I am.