Thursday, March 17, 2011

family stats

Just want to list some things about ourselves lately...



Oscar
-now always has dirty hands, knees, and feet from crawling
-sticks anything and everything in his mouth
-loves being independent; for example holding his own spoon while eating
-he has super man strength
-loves to escape the diaper change, it's super annoying because of his super man strength
-his hair is getting longer and as it grows some curls have developed. it's also getting lighter
-he always sounds like an animal or a dinosaur. he grunts, growls, and screams noises that resemble a bear or a pterodactyl
-he's so wild and crazy in the morning when he first wakes up. he wrestles with nate in the mrnings
-he has his daily poop in his bouncer/jumper thing while jumping for joy, it's really funny
-he's ticklish everywhere but his most sensitive tickle spot are his inner thighs
-he's discovering his own privates
-just learned how to stand on his knees in his crib. he's so tall that even while on his knees, his head is above the top of the newly lowered crib

Me:
-I finally got the emergency preparedness bug and am going crazy trying to stock our house with a 3 month supply of water, food, medical supplies, etc. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world of food storage, and I'm overwhelmed. If you have any tips for beginners, I really welcome them
-I've learned a lot from the show Intervention. People give me grief for watching such a "depressing" show, but it's allowed me to realize that my neighbor across the street is either a heroin, meth, or crack addict.
-I've been mixing up my pronunciation of B's and V's in English. I know people that go on a mission and learn a new language sometimes exaggerate and say they've forgotten how to speak English. It's not like that. I just developed this recently and it's bizarre. In case you don't know, in Spanishs a B and V are most times the same exact sound, and even Spanish speakers misspell things like cerbeza, when it's cerveza.
-I've been working for months and months doing interviews, making videos, writing essays to apply for this show on BYUtv called the Generations Project and just finally got denied. I got really far in the process so I thought I was going to get it, but I didn't.
-I've been really interested in the Wisdom literature of the book of Proverbs and, as always, the grace vs. works issue. Nate and I started Romans
-I've given up on insisting on finishing a book just for the sake of finishing it; i.e. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Hilarious voice, but doesn't grab me. Thanks Alison.
-I'm always into sort of t.v. personalities for their influence and ideals. Right now they're Ellen, Suze Orman, Rabbi Schmuli, and Matt Damon
-I still wear my bra at all times, including while I sleep, and I'm pretty sure I'll keep this habit until I die




Nate
-Really into interior design and trying to learn anything he can to fix up our house
-Gets hot very easily
-Still always trys to surprise or scare me or oscar in some way and is currently trying to teach Oscar the art of surprise
-Is very open minded, considerate, kind, thoughtful, passionate, and humble when it comes to his ever changing and forming ideas of the world and politics around us
-Has to drive if we go somewhere together, kind of a machismo thing
-Finally feels up to speed with knowing what's going on in sports and keeps up with it, but when it comes to music, he sticks to his tried and true favorites such as Simon and Garfunkel, Kings of Convenience (the modern day simon and garfunkel,) Justin Timberlake, and Hall and Oates
-Really good at flossing and not getting cavities, leaving the toilet seat down for me, and leaving his socks everywhere
-Has crazy pains/numbness/tingling in his face sometimes, like shingles, that we are investigating. And he also has chronic terrible migraines.
-Really into saving and IRAs right now
-Loves Coke Zero almost as much as cookies
-Doing really well in school these days as he juggles a full time job and a part time job

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great list. This will be a fun one for Oscar to read when he is 7. I can't wait to see all of the fun projects you have been doing on the house.

Anonymous said...

I wish Ruby really wrote that...ya...she does have her own email address

Laurel said...

Must say I was pretty impressed with Ruby's 1st grade skills.

Bummed about Generations.

Miss Oscar!