Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mom stuff- good and bad

(THIS POST WILL ONLY BE INTERESTING TO FEMALES)

GOOD...

I LOVE this stuff. It's an organic and natural line of products called California Baby. Oscar lately has just been dealt one sad thing after another. First he had what I think was a cold while simultaneously hitting a growth spurt, now I think he might be teething, and he's also dealing with his pesky cradle cap. I've been using this California Baby aromatherapy shampoo/body wash on him when he doesn't feel well because it has lavender in it and it seems to calm him down a lot. He needs all the help he can get as far as sleeping goes, so I've also been rubbing their Calming diaper rash cream on his chest and privates at night before I put his pajamas on. In addition to lanolin, vitamin E and other good stuff, it also has lavender which I think just makes him feel nice and relaxed before bed. (He's been waking up crying a million times at night and during naps, which I think has to do with his possible teething and gas.) With his cradle cap, I've been putting their Calendula cream on his head and it seems to be working wonderfully. I think the aromatherapy aspect of their products is what works so well. All of their products are based around essential oils versus synthetic fragrances which I guess can lead to yeast infections in little girls. Now I know why Mr. Bubbles stung me so bad when I was a little girl! You can find all this California Baby stuff at Sprouts of course.

GOOD...

Remember how I complained about stretch marks? Before I could even pick this stuff up at Sprouts, Nate's mom was there to hand it over as a mother of five's favorite remedy. It's called "C-Mama Healing Salve" from Earth Mama Angel Baby, my favorite brand that Sprouts carries. They have all kinds of cool products like "New Mama Bottom Spray" for post labor pain and soreness, "Booby Tubes" which are gel-free packs stuffed with flax that you heat or freeze then put in your bra for discomfort while breastfeeding, and a TON of other cool products. I love this stretch mark salve because it is really working. Granted, the stretch marks won't be completely gone for months or years if ever,(I can't be too hopeful, I did have a 9lb 9oz baby that scarred me up)but, this C-Mama stuff is working little by little.

BAD...


When I looked for a picture of these bumps and realized their purpose, I immediately became nervous to talk negatively about them. But, as much as I understand that blind people need to be warned about where a crosswalk is, I still can't help but dislike these bumps and wish they weren't in front of every grocery store, Walmart, or Target entrance. I NEVER noticed these bumps before Oscar. On the rare occasions that Oscar falls asleep in his car seat and stays asleep after the car door exit and after we've put his car seat in a shopping cart, these CRAZY bumps wake him up. They are SO BUMPY in a shopping cart! I know people need them, I just don't like them.


GOOD...

I know the host John Quinones is pretty cheesy, but I like this show "What Would You Do." They document a lot of situations a mom would really be affected by and I think those are the episodes that really get me. I have to share this episode because I just LOVED LOVED LOVED this sweet grocery clerk with Down Syndrome, Josh, who also happens to be a pretty good actor.


5 comments:

chelsea Wagner said...

I love that California Baby brand too! I've always used it on the kids I nanny...its the greatest! Oscar's gettin so big! He's so freakin cute!

Kirby said...

Thanks for all the product tips, and thanks for that video. I used to work with special needs kids and I loved watching people stand up for that sweet boy. I cannot get over how cute Oscar is, we need to get together soon. I am back in Tempe and unemployed so I've got nothing but time! :)

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

hahaha...the bumps... So funny. I didn't know that's what they are for and I too hate them! The dang carseat is going to fly off the cart everytime.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

hahaha...the bumps... So funny. I didn't know that's what they are for and I too hate them! The dang carseat is going to fly off the cart everytime.

birds do it better... said...

I don't know about that other stuff... I'll have to re-read this after I pop out a little bo, but the video brought me to tears. I made tyler watch it and started screaming, what would you do tyler! I need to get a grip.