Monday, February 1, 2010

14 Days of Love: Day #1

Nate's mom did a fun Valentines Day build up for her kids every year called 14 days of love. She had a little red plastic heart with a little treat inside for them to open for the first 14 days of February. Each of the hearts had the kid's names on them and Nate really looked forward to this little tradition. By the way, he asked her the other day if she was still going to do it for them. Um, all of her kids are married and in their 20's and 30's with their own kids. But a likely question to ask nonetheless right?

I would like to take 14 days of love to my blog and bring love to you and this blog by coming up with something that will make you feel some kind of love in your cute little heart for the next two weeks. I don't have any of you with me here in AZ, so this is my only way to bring you a Valentines day treat. I decided to do this even though I know I won't be able to keep up with it because today was just one of those days that makes you awake to life again. Today ended up being a day that reminds you to stop moving along so quickly in your day to day, just looking one foot ahead of you. Today was a reminder to always be tapped into and focused on your ultimate vision and perspective of what you really want out of your life and what you want to make of it.

Day #1 Check out my mother n' law



This lady is a pretty great woman, and I've really come to love her. She is selfless, but not dumb. I know people think selfless mom = total bore and ding dong but this woman is brilliant. She is the end all be all, (well we could have some competition with Alison's mom) of all things literature. She is fun, talented, and very generous with her time and skills. I won't even start on geneology. But most importantly and most valuable to me, she raised a pretty great young man with a heart of gold. That heart comes from his mother and this is the day to celebrate it. Thank you Laurel for all the wear n' tear on your heart. Happy Day 1 of the 14 days of love. Love you friends:)

5 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

For some reason this post made me tear up and I don't even know Nate's mom. Maybe it is because it is 3AM and I really want to sleep but Oliver won't let me. :) Or it's probably because of your words and how well you describe such things.

I love the 14 days of love tradition and might have to copy it someday. Valentines Day is my second favorite holiday after all. I think you are adorable for doing a 14 days of love on the blog. I'm really excited about this!

Have I told you about Last Chance in AZ yet? It's one of my favorite things about AZ. You need to go!

And have I said it enough that I'm so happy that you and Nate are married to one another?

Also, thanks for your sweet compliments on my blog all the time. It really makes me feel good about myself (which is a good thing because now a days it's kind of hard to shower and get ready with a baby that needs to be held all the time...).

More prego pics please!

David and Shalynna said...

I can't believe how long that comment was... I should have just emailed you. Oops! Oh and not only more prego pics, but more pics of you and Nate together too.

Susan said...

Too true, Nichelle. She's amazing!

Eric looks forward to the 14 Days of Love almost as much as he does Christmas. The kids have come to love the tradition, too. Glad you're playing along :)

David and Shalynna said...

I'm copying you, is that okay? I don't have much to blog about these days, and I think this is a great idea. I'm giving you the credit, though. :)

Cal said...

So fun! Love you too!!