Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day #6 Each life that touches ours for good...

That is my favorite hymn and they are why:

This will probably be pretty boring for most of you to read, but hopefully the people I'm writing about get around to reading this. These people are people that I'm sure I knew and was dear friends with before this life. If I let myself think about them for longer than a minute or two I want to cry. These are my best friends that I probably will only get to see a handful of times throughout my life.
This is Lorena and Romina in the above two pictures. They were companions of mine on my mission in Rosario, Argentina, and they are both from Buenos Aires. We spent months together one on one working and growing together.
Lorena, above right, is probably the most angelic, God-oriented person I know. She is hilarious and she is a genius. There were times when we would be laying on the dirty cockroach floor cause we were laughing so hard. I felt so happy with Lorena. We made the strongest possible bond as friends and sisters that will never diminish no matter how in-often we get to talk or see each other.
Romina, is the most down to earth person I have dealt with. She was a total butthead at times and we had some pretty rough struggles together because of her hard-a attitude. But the best thing about her is that she will freely admit all of this and more. That's why I love this girl. We ended up becoming the best of friends and had some incredible experiences together because of the awesome chemistry we developed. I stayed with her and her family when I went back to visit 2 years ago( 3 years after I got home from Argentina), and she had only become more patient, selfless, and sweet than when I had seen her last. These two girls are two people I know I will be the best of friends with even after we die.

This is Norma (and me plus 30 lbs and Argentine panaderia carb face)
She is the angel of angels. I don't know why we clicked so much but we did. In fact, I know she's down there still asking any missionary from the U.S., 6 years later, if they know me or know who I am. And the feeling is mutual. I love this woman like a long lost sister. I can't even write about her life situation cause I'll cry. This lady, in addition to feeding us weekly with no money whatsoever, would ride her bike to our apartment in the frigid cold at night to check up on us and bring us even more food. Yes we shared a love for food, but it was so much more than that. She got me, and I got her, and we couldn't have changed each other's lives more. Norma is the reason for many decisions I make to this day. The video below is from when Romina (companion above) and I went back to visit her 2 years ago for the first time since we'd left. We clapped in front of her house for her to come out so we could surprise her. She had no idea we were coming. And this is why I love her to death.



I want to write about more of these eternal friends of mine but people can only take reading so much of this kind of stuff. So this will have to do for now. Love you friends.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I find myself looking forward to reading your blog each day. I was waiting for a mission post and you didn't let me down. You are so full of love that it was apparent that you were called to share that love with others...and you are still sharing. Love you

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

These days of love are just killing me. So many mixed emotions. Love you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David and Shalynna said...

Write more about your mission! I would love to read more. What a wonderful experience. I adore the Latin people.

Cire said...

Awesome! Susan and I are really enjoying these posts - thanks!