Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day #9 Check out Mama Kay


(Her with son Nate)

This is Mama Kay, my second mother. (My best friend Lezlie's mom if you didn't know.)If it seems like I have an absurd amount of second families, I do. I think what happened was God ended up overcompensating me with loved ones all over the place for any lack of family I experienced earlier in my life. And mama Kay couldn't be a better compensation. (Her daughter n' law actually came up with the name mama Kay, and I haven't heard anything more perfectly suiting so I'm gonna use it too.)

Mama Kay has mastered bald headed, one breasted beauty. Yes, she's the ultimate survivor and she's had to regrow her hair from bald more times than any female would like to in life. And she's done all of her surviving with the best sense of humor, because in her eyes, there's cheer and positivity to be found in all situations life hands you.

This woman is the ultimate woman. She's the real and legit Angelina Jolie, adopting any troubled teenage soul(mine), Chilean grandchild, or Hawaiian neighbor. Kay has a crazy intuition and 6th sense for spotting any young person in need of love. It's kind of freaky: You've been lacking love, Kay will know and she will take you under her wings. And she does it with the utmost sense of humble secrecy. That's the best part about her love, it's in secret because it's sincere. If you are having a problem you will keep her up at night praying for you and losing sleep over you. Imagine the loss of sleep for her own children. My favorite thing about mama Kay is that she loves to write letters to express her love and concern. I love that about her because I'd almost always prefer writing a letter too in order to be able to express my love for someone.


( I love this one because she's got John's back in his #2 love:Golf)

Mama Kay is also the caring, selfless, wise, mother to four awesome successful children and the most faithful, loyal, dedicated, dressed to the nines wife to the amazing John Q. She is a killer gourmet chef, and after a 4 hr labor of love in the kitchen, she shows no sign of discouragement when any offspring of hers turn up their noses at an unfamiliar parsnip or escarole. She will even graciously and lovingly accommodate her holiday feasts to a gluten free diet if you are one of her cherished adopted children.

I am one of those cherished adopted children and I'm so proud to call myself such. She's showed me the true definition of charity: unconditional love. She's brought me closer to my God because of all her wisdom. She's really experienced it all; if you need any life advice, please just ask Kay. I'll give you her number if you need it, she'd love to talk to you. I love you mama Kay.

3 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

You know some wonderful people! I love how you are describing everyone. Each post makes me want to cry.You should do one on yourself because the way you are describing everyone sounds just like yourself!

Alexis Scheid said...

I love the 14 days of love!!! You are so darling and I loved learning more of the people in your life... Mother-in-law, grandparents, the Smarts and Lezlie's mom... i am also dying to try that cake.. dang u, nichelle :)

I hope you are feeling okay. xoxoxo

chelsea Wagner said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever read! And I totally agree....I love Momma Kay!