Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day #2: Check out my grandparents

(p.s. this picture is my grandma, me, and uncle larry)


(this is my grandpa and baby me)


I had to choose these pictures cause our scanner was acting up again, and these were the only ones that would come out right. Oh these two people, I wouldn't even know what love was if I didn't have them. They were my rock and any kind of stability growing up. I always loved going to my grandparents house and it still feels like home in their house they've been living in for 50 years. They cared for my brother and I like no one else did and still do to this day. They have the best personalities and are such interesting, grounded, smart, and savvy people. My grandpa used to love to take us to the Aerospace museum in San Diego when we were little and my grandma took me to see Carlos Santana in concert with her. (when I was 20 and she in her 60's) They always let us dress up in their boots and high heels as toddlers and snoop around in their stuff. My grandma is the best cook and loves to cook for her loved ones. My grandpa is a real handyman hard worker with the best financial smarts that ever existed. In their mid 70's, my grandpa still rides his bike around all of Mission Bay in San Diego and my grandma still works and bumps her favorite radio station (San Diego's Old School 92.5) on the way there. They are the best grandparents anyone could ever ask for and more. I love them to death and can't believe all that we've been able to experience together. They are so young and have so many years ahead of them to spend with Nate and I and our new little baby. I can't wait for all of that. Bottoms up to Augie and Evelyn, I love you both.

5 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

I love hearing about your family. Are these the grandparents you threw the awesome party for and the grandma that was about to pee her pants at
nate's dance moves (love that story).

I love those big sunglasses you're wearing as a little girl!

Nichelle said...

haha yes, these are those same grandparents.

Shelby said...

How cute! I love the pictures..

This is such a good idea.. I'm loving every day!

Miss you!

Julie and Kyle said...

so cute!

Ryan Smart said...

Boy do I miss visiting your Grand-Parents; they really are. I remember some good laughs around your family dining room. Love you guys and love them...and your fugis of course.