Monday, February 22, 2010

Check out my kids


(Yes, that was a pose by Michael with the arms crossed. He insisted on looking sideways and folding his arms like that. He's hilarious.)

These are my little kids that I wanted to post as past of the 14 days of love but didn't. (Minus Breanna who is the total teacher's pet.) I teach them in church on Sundays and they are 6 and 7 years old. Actually, pardon me, they would say they were 6 and 3/4 or 7 and 1/2, etc. We get to play games, color, sing way too loudly, jump, dance, do kart wheels, and eat treats together. I'm pretty sure we're just supposed to be talking about Jesus, but we get to incorporate all these other things in while we're doing that. Mostly they are just excited for the fruit by the foot or zebra cakes I bring as their treat/reward at the end of class.(One of the boys always asks if he can have two.) My favorite thing that I have learned from them is that if I bring a craft for them to work on, I MUST have enough of every color option of paper for every kid. Because, it's just not fair if Brooke gets dark pink and there is only light pink left for Haylee. Love my kids.

4 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

What would we do without the adorable primary children? I'm not in primary anymore, but I was for over two years in Cayman. Some days it had me in tears because the children would not listen to me whatsoever, but most the time I loved every second of my time with them. Enjoy your calling before you get called to something boring like Relief Society pianist (my calling... totally boring :).

Laurel said...

I love to hear stories about "your kids."

Lezlie said...

hah... I want to teach those little guys. They are much cuter than mine.

Trent & Brooke said...

oh that age is hilarious!! trent and i used to teach that class in primary back in CA. one of our kids said "i'm going to the swamps on my mission!" he was so sure and excited about it and he kept saying 'the swamps!'
i miss that calling.